One of the things I want to focus on in 2016 is taking better care of my skin, with the ultimate goal being able to go without foundation and feel confident in the way my skin looks. I assumed this would take a while.
In December I completely changed my skincare products and routine. I’ve been using Paula’s Choice products exclusively for the past two months, and my skin has totally changed. So much so, that I decided to go without foundation this week! And guess what? I’ve actually had more compliments on my skin that I have ever had when using a foundation. I love the way my complexion looks without the extra layer of coverage. Granted, you can definitely see more freckles and spots (which I’m working on), but I’m ok with that.
I’ve seen a YouTube tag called “The 5 Product Face”, and that got me thinking…if I eliminated the base, what 5 products would I use on the daily? So, here what I’ve been using every day this week and I absolutely love the way it turns out.
- The first thing I do every morning is my PC routine. Cleanse, tone, exfoliate, treat, moisturize (with SPF).
- Next I use my Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser in the Brightener shade under my eyes, around the bottom of my nose, the bridge of my nose and between my eyes. I have a birthmark between my eyes that is kind of a purple color (almost looks like a bruise). This just tones it down a bit. I blend all of that in with my damp Beauty Blender.
- I use a light dusting of my Rimmel Stay-Matte Powder in Transparent all over the face. I use my Elf Complexion Brush for this.
- For a little color on the cheeks I use my Real Techniques blush brush and put some of the Maybelline Master Hi-Light Blush in Nude on my cheek bones, and then to the apples of my cheeks I use the ELF blush brush and add some Hourglass Ambient Lighting blush in Luminous Flush. This gives such a pretty flush of color and highlight all in one.
- Next I shape up my brows with my Nyx Mico-Brow pencil in Taupe. This pencil is amazing and it’s so cheap! I always do my brows. Always.
- Now for the eyes. I put a sweep of Maybelline Color Tattoo cream shadow in Bad to the Bronze across my lids and take a bit along my lower lash line with small accent brush. Then I curl my lashes and add some mascara. Right now I’m using L’oreal Voluminous.
- Lips of course are last, and my favorite part. Most days I use my MAC Fast Play and top it with Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in 01 Rose Shimmer
I really love the way this looks for everyday and casual weekends. For going out I would probably still wear a light coverage foundation just to even it all out a little more. I’m including a picture, and please don’t judge my selfie skills 😉