I struggle with finding anything “nude” that doesn’t make me look dead or worse. My skin is so fair that most of the products labeled Nude just don’t work. I finally realized that my “nude” is just not the same as the gorgeous nudes I see on tanned celebrities.
FYI – I hate the sun and had much rather have nice skin than a tan…but I digress.
It has taken me a very long time to amass some nude products that I really love and that look good on me. Just in case there are some pasty ladies out there reading this, here are some good ones!
- Urban Decay Naked 2 Basics – I have owned the UD Basics for a couple years and used 2-3 of the shades almost every day for crease and highlight. This Christmas my MIL got me the Naked 2 Basics, and I love it! The colors in this one suite me so much better since they are cooler toned. I’ve used it every day since December 25.
- Maybelline Master Hi-Light Powdered Blush in Nude – This is a blush that I purchased a long time ago, used a couple times, and put in the drawer. I was recently clearing out some old makeup and pulled this one back out. I’m so glad I did! There are times that I really need a punch of color on the cheeks. But most days I like a subtle blush color with a little highlighter. This product is perfect for that. It gives a very natural color with a touch of “something extra”. Great multi-use product.
- MAC Fast Play – Nude lipsticks are the hardest thing for me find. My nude lippies need to have a little pink and little brown. Fast Play is the perfect one! I have several MAC lipstick and the Amplified formula is my favorite. I’m not a fan of Mattes (gasp!) because they are far too dry for my already dry lips. The struggle is real girls! MAC describes this as a Neutral Pink and they’re right. This color is my go-to everyday lipstick that’s always in my bag. Which reminds me I need to order a backup…
- Nail Inc Gel Effect Porchester Square – This is my favorite favorite…you know what I mean. I am a nail polish junkie. No really, I have a problem. I am always on the search for the perfect polish. I purchased this about a week before Christmas with a Sephora.com order. I have polished my nails with this color for 3 polish changes in a row, and that’s a huge deal. It’s just so dang perfect! The brush is amazing, the formula is smooth, and the color is just grey perfection. It makes my hands look so nice. Plus it wears great. I can get about 5 days out of an application before I see chips. I really want to try Baker Street in this formula.
- Elf Flawless Finish Foundation – I am a huge fan of drugstore foundations. Over the years I’ve had better luck with them than higher end ones. I was doing some research on Beautypedia for a new light/medium coverage base and this one had great reviews. At only $6 I decided to try it. I absolutely love this stuff! I apply it with a damp beauty blender and it goes on so smooth and even. It lasts all day and looks just like my skin, but better. This is not a full coverage foundation, but that’s not what I was after. You could definitely build it up be a solid medium coverage though.
Thanks beauty’s and have an awesome day!